Area Agency on Aging - Stress Busting Program for Family Caregivers Group Facilitators
The Stress Busting Program for Family Caregivers™ was developed to teach stress management techniques and relaxation and coping strategies to caregivers of persons with Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
Group facilitators lead sessions using the handbook and facilitators' manual. They encourage interactive group discussion and assist in the recruitment of caregiver participants.
Criteria for being a group facilitator include the following.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to co-lead a small group of family caregivers
- Life experiences with caregiving and/or education or training in Alzheimer’s disease
- Experience in group facilitation and/or group participation
- Commitment to co-lead at least two SBP groups, one with a master trainer
Group facilitators must be certified with 16 hours of training before leading a group, and must co-lead one session with a master trainer. A master trainer will also provide ongoing support and mentoring.
Laura Wolfe, Volunteer Coordinator
Phone: 1-800-272-3921 | Fax: 817-695-9274