Governor Rick Perry has appointed Patt Scheckel Hollingsworth, NCTCOG Regional Police Academy Sueprvisor, to the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCLEOSE).
Gov. Perry Appoints Four to Texas Commission on Law Enforcement - November 29, 2007
Proclamation from Governor Perry
TCLEOSE was established in 1965 by the Texas Legislature to ensure that the citizens of Texas would be served by highly trained and ethical law enforcement and corrections personnel who have the abilities, training, and ethics needed to meet law enforcement demands.
The Commission is responsible for issuing licenses and maintaining proficiency certificates for all peace officers, county jailers, armed public security officers, and telecommunicators in the State of Texas.
Beyond setting licensing standards, the Commission has a wide range of responsibilities, which include:
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining basic and advanced training program curricula for officers, county jailers, and telecommunicators
- Prosecuting officer violations
- Creating and maintaining licensing exams
- Honoring and memorializing peace officer service
- Providing intergovernmental assistance.
The Commission is comprised of nine members (3 chief administrators, 3 peace officers, 3 public members) and five 5 ex-officio members. Patt is one of the three peace officer representatives and will serve a four-year term.
Patt joined NCTCOG as a guest instructor in 1975 and has over 30 years of experience in law enforcement. She began her career with the Arlington Police Department and continues to serve as a reserve police officer for the City.
- First female officer assigned as a detective, Arlington Police Department
- First female member of the SWAT Team, Arlington Police Department
- Instructed over 4,000 TCLEOSE hours and holds TCLEOSE licenses and certificates, which include: Master Peace Officer, Instructor, Mental Health Peace Officer, and Special Investigator. In addition, she is an instructor in PPCT defensive tactics, SHARP, OC Instructor Trainer, Police Emergency Vehicle Operation, Advanced SAFVIC, Cyber Crimes instructor, Advanced Ethics, Cultural Diversity, and the Prism Firearms Judgment Simulator.
- Served on numerous TCLEOSE committees for curriculum development and testing
- Developed curriculum for online courses and has done numerous projects with the Law Enforcement Television Network
- Conducted and coordinated assessment centers for selection of chiefs of police, training supervisors, and coordinators
- Taught as an adjunct faculty member with the Institute for Law Enforcement Administration and serves on their Ethics Council.
- Community Service Award - Arlington Police Department
- Youth Service Award - Arlington Police Department
- Reserve Officer of the Year (twice) - Arlington Police Department
- Won 16 medals in track and field competition, Texas State and International Police Olympics
- 2007 Sexual Assault Family Violence Investigator Course Instructor of the Year
Patt is currently a member of the Texas City and County Training Coordinators Consortium and the American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers (ASLET), and is also an associate member of the North Texas Police Chiefs Association.
624 Six Flags Drive, Suite 125, Arlington, Texas 76011
(817) 608-2300 | (817) 640-9089 fax