You can call the Report Illegal Dumping Hotline at 888-335-DUMP, or submit a report at www.reportDFWdumping.org.
Remember to leave the following information in your report:
- City and County in which the incident occurred
- Specific street location within the city
- Vehicle description and License plate number of the dumping violator
- Personal description of the dumping violator
- Your name and telephone number, if you would like to be contacted regarding the investigation of the site
What happens when I make a report to Report DFW Dumping?
When you submit a report on the website or place a call to the hotline, it is sent to the NCTCOG Materials Management staff, who process your report and verify location and jurisdiction. After verification, the report is forwarded to the proper authorities in that jurisdiction, who will follow up, investigate, and take action. If you leave your name, phone number, and/or email, you will be contacted with a follow up of the investigation as well.
You can also submit a report at Report a Litterer.
Once TX DOT receives the information from your report, it is compared to the vehicle registration database and an exact match is located. A letter is mailed to the litterer along with a "Don't Mess With Texas" litterbag, to remind them to put their trash where it belongs.