The North Central Texas Council of Governments maintains a Materials Management Resource Center. The following is a list of items that can be found at the Resource Center. Some of the items available on-line through the Internet may not be available in hard copy. The resource center is available to the public for use at NCTCOG offices, located at 616 Six Flags Drive(first floor), Arlington, Texas, during regular business hours. Please contact the Materials Management Team by phone at 817-695-9210, or by email at EandD@nctcog.org if you have any questions.
Statutes, Regulations, and Agencies
Associations & Professional Organizations
School Recycling Plans:
Construction & Demolition Debris Resources
- Healthy Watersheds Consortium Grants Program (The U.S. Endowment for Forestry and Communities released its first Request for Proposals soliciting proposals for the Healthy Watershed consortium Grants Program. This is the new delivery mechanism for grant funding under EPA’s Healthy Watershed Program. There are three different categories of proposals with differing funding amounts).
- EPA Environmental Education (EE) Grants (Under the Environmental Education Grants Program, EPA seeks grant proposals from eligible applicants to support environmental education projects that promote environmental awareness and stewardship and help provide people with the skills to take responsible actions to protect the environment. Since 1992, EPA has distributed between $2 and $3.5 million in grant funding per year, supporting more than 3,600 grants).
- Foam Recycling Coalition Grant Program (The Foam Recycling Coalition, part of the Foodservice Packaging Institute, seeks grant proposals from eligible applicants to support increased recycling or packaging made from foam polystyrene. Both public and private organizations involved in managing residential curbside recycling programs or material recovery facilities are eligible to apply. Each grant ranges from $15,000-$50,000).
- Grant to Improve Access to Residential Curbside Recycling Systems (The Recycling Partnership has just released its latest Request for Proposals, which is geared specifically to help counties, municipalities, tribes, and solid waste authorities with 4,000 or more households upgrade to cart-based collection).
- Cigarette Litter Prevention Program from Keep America Beautiful
- Closed Loop Fund (Request for Projects focused on the expansion of MRFs and related infrastructure and services. Primary categories include collection, sortation, and processing/end markets. A secondary RFP through Closed Loop Partners was issued 3/8/17 for Expanding Polypropylene (PP) Plastic Recycling Markets and Infrastructure).
- Environmental Research and Education Foundation Grants: The sustainability movement has reached the business models of nearly every industry in the United States, and many companies, municipalities and states have set aggressive sustainability goals that include how waste stream are being managed. The EREF Board of Directors has set an initiative to ensure research funded reflects EREF’s long-term strategic plan to address all areas of integrated solid waste management, with a strong focus towards research that increased sustainable solid waste management practices.