As required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, each urban area receiving FY05 Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) funds must develop a plan to achieve tactical interoperable communications across jurisdictions in the urban area by May 1, 2006.
The Tactical Interoperable Communications Plan (TICP) will include six sections:
- Urban Area Information
- Governance Structure (Governance)
- Interoperability Equipment (Technology)
- Policies and Procedures for Interoperable Equipment (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Incident Plan for Tactical Communications
- NIMS Communications Unit Leader Training (Training and Exercises)
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) will coordinate plan development in conjunction with the three UASI groups in the NCTCOG region (Greater Dallas, Fort worth, Arlington). RCC Consultants Inc, under contract to NCTCOG, will develop the plan with guidance and oversight from the Governance Committee.