Vehicle owners of the Dallas-Fort Worth nonattainment counties may be eligible to receive vouchers to assist with the replacement of older more polluting vehicles through the AirCheckTexas Drive a Clean Machine Program. Recipients must meet income and vehicle requirements to qualify. Qualified individuals will receive a $3,000 voucher toward a car (including SUVs and minivans) of the current model year or previous three model years, $3,000 toward a truck of the current model year or previous two model years, or $3,500 toward a hybrid, electric vehicle, natural gas vehicle, or a Tier 2 Bin 3 or cleaner vehicle of the current model year or the previous three model years. The replacement vehicle being purchased using voucher assistance must meet certain conditions.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG), acting as the Regional Administrator for the Program in North Texas, has partnered with Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) licensed automobile dealerships as the designated service providers for this program. NCTCOG would like to extend an invitation to your dealership for participation in the AirCheckTexas Drive a Clean Machine Program.
The following requirements must be met by a DMV licensed automobile dealership in order to participate in the program:
- Be a Texas DMV licensed motor vehicle dealer;
- Read and follow the Dealership Requirements, Procedures, Terms and Conditions;
- Send at least one dealer representative to a dealer workshop for program training or other designated training;
- Sign and submit a dealer participation agreement outlining the program rules and regulations;
- Maintain at least two valid e-mail addresses;
- Attend all mandatory workshops (as required by the Regional Administrator);
- Sell vehicles that meet the requirements listed in Section 5.2 of the Dealership Requirements, Procedures, Terms and Conditions;
- Have internet access for the AirCheckTexas dealer database and for the public to access the Drive a Clean Machine website;
- Have credit card transaction processing capabilities with the ability to enter the following information into a terminal:
- Single use credit card number;
- Expiration date (the credit card terminal must accept an expiration date of at least seven (7) years or more, i.e. mm/yy or mm/yyyy; and
- Customer Validation Number (a three (3) digit number may be required by some credit card terminals)
Click the link below to read and review the Dealership Requirements, Procedures, Terms and Conditions for participation in the AirCheckTexas Drive a Clean Machine Program.
Procedures, Terms and Conditions
To find the workshop schedules, click the Meetings and Workshops link below for dates, times and locations. The workshop presentation is linked below.
Your facility representative must read the Dealership Requirements, Procedures, Terms and Conditions and attend a workshop. A 2017 agreement form must be completed and returned to the Regional Administrator BEFORE being approved to accept replacement vouchers from program participants. Before accepting a voucher from a participant, please contact us to make sure you are on the participating dealer list. *THE PROGRAM CANNOT REIMBURSE NON-PARTICIPATING DEALERSHIPS.
You may contact us at (817) 608-2350 to get all the participation information. We look forward to continuing the success of the program through the participating automobile dealerships.