nctcog logo
 
transportation label

 

 

Dallas-Fort Worth Clean Cities Annual Survey

 

Alt Fuel VehiclesThe North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has housed the Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) Clean Cities Coalition for over 10 years.  This Coalition promotes the use of alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs), hybrids, idle reduction technology, fuel blends, and fuel economy practices.  Every year, NCTCOG surveys Clean Cities Members and Interested Parties on the numbers of clean vehicles in their fleet.  Membership in the coalition is not required in order to complete the survey.

DFW Clean Cities is often called upon to provide data on the number and type of alternative fuels and clean technology vehicles in the Metroplex to help provide validity to air quality commitments in the State’s air quality plan.  NCTCOG is also required to provide the information to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) on an annual basis.  This information is used in speeches, reports, news articles, as well as funding updates to the State Energy Program and Congress. The links below give details of the DFW Clean Cities Annual Survey. 

Last year, DFW Clean Cities Stakeholders were able to save almost 14 million gallons of fuel and reduce Greenhouse Gases (GHG) by more than 40,000 tons. Alternative Fuel Vehicles are leading the way with 84 percent of the gasoline saved coming from these sources. Of the over 40,000 GHG tons saved, Alternative Fuel Vehicles were responsible for reducing 65 percent of the total amount. Fuel economy improvements, idle reduction, hybrid vehicles, off-road vehicles, and vehicle miles traveled reductions roughly account for the other 35 percent.

Those who were unable to take the annual survey can still submit data with this excel document. Once complete, please email the speadsheet to Pamela Burns at pburns@nctcog.org or Kenny Bergstrom at kbergstrom@nctcog.org.

2013
Survey Template [Excel] NEW!
Online Version - Coming Soon!

2012
Survey Report [PDF]      
Survey Report [Excel] 

2011                                                                                                                                                                                Survey Report [PDF]                                                                                                                                                    
Survey Report
[Excel]  
Survey Report Infographic
Clean Cities Petroleum Reduction Recognition Letter[PDF]
2011-2012 DFW Clean Cities Awards

News Coverage of the Annual Survey
'Clean Cities' Project Still Needing Participation from North Texas Towns - CBS 11 DFW (2/12/12) [PDF]

2010
Survey Summary
[PDF]                                                                                                                                             
Survey Report [PDF]
Survey Report [Excel]

2009
Survey Report [PDF]
Survey Report [Excel]

2008
Survey Results

2007
Survey Results

2006
Survey Results

2005
Survey Results

For more information on the DFW Clean Cities Annual Survey, contact Pamela Burns, DFW Clean Cities Coordinator at 817-704-2510.

 

2/5/2014  06/10/2013   KB/CH

 CONTACT US | SITE MAP | LEGAL | SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
 North Central Texas Council of Governments | 616 Six Flags Drive P.O. Box 5888 Arlington, TX 76005-5888
 Main Operator: (817) 640-3300 | Fax: (817) 640-7806