Following is the current transportation plan that is in the process of being updated. If you would like to view the updated draft transportation plan, please visit here.
As the Metropolitan Planning Organization for the Dallas-Fort Worth area, the
North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is required to maintain a
long-range transportation plan that defines a vision for the region’s multimodal
transportation system. This plan is known as the Metropolitan Transportation
Plan (MTP) and its aim is to identify policies, programs, and projects for
development that respond to adopted goals and to guide expenditures for state
and federal funds over the next 25 years.
Mobility 2035 Document [PDF,10.0 MB] | Mobility 2035 Appendix [PDF,44.9 MB]
Mobility 2035 Goals
- Improve the availability of transportation options for people and goods.
- Support travel efficiency measures and system enhancements targeted at congestion reduction and management.
- Assure all communities are provided access to the regional transportation system and the planning process.
- Preserve and enhance the natural environment, improve air quality, and promote active lifestyles.
- Encourage livable communities which support sustainability and economic vitality.
- Ensure adequate maintenance and enhance the safety and reliability of the existing transportation system.
- Pursue long-term sustainable revenue sources to address regional transportation system needs.
- Provide for timely project planning and implementation.
- Develop cost-effective projects and programs aimed at reducing the costs associated with constructing, operating, and maintaining the regional transportation system.
What do you think? We want to know what you think. If you have questions or comments about the long-range transportation plan, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Public Involvement Opportunities
NCTCOG Transportation Public Outreach
To be added to the NCTCOG Transportation Mailing List click here.