Emergency and Disaster Preparedness Project
The Aging program has prepared a disaster plan, to describe actions it will take in the event of an emergency.
- Emergency & Disaster Preparedness Program for Seniors and Persons with Disabilities
- Developing an Emergency/Disaster Project for the Elderly and Disabled
- North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging Emergency Operations Plan
- Volunteer Opportunities Emergency Shelter Operations
This PowerPoint presentation covers Executive Order RP57, by the Governor of the State of Texas, which seeks resources at all levels to assist with special needs populations during an emergency evacuation. Resources are provided to assist with basic knowledge and training for those who may wish to volunteer with various shelter operations.
The American Red Cross Chisholm Trail Chapter and the North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging have collaborated in order to provide information and sample templates for designing/implementing an evacuation plan for assisted living and nursing facilities. The information below is contained on a CD for distribution to interested parties.
- The American Red Cross Chisholm Trail Chapter Feeding & Shelter Options: “What to do When”
- Planning Ahead
- Safety Values Newsletter
- Levels of Evacuation
- How to Complete an Emergency Operations Plan
- Trinity Terrace Retirement Community Emergency Preparedness Program Development Plan
- Cutoff List
- Department Equipment Form
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Means of Egress
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Trade News Release
- Assessing Facility Compliance with Emergency Planning (by joint TDH/TDHS)
Dena Boyd, Reporting and Compliance Supervisor
Phone: 1-800-272-3921| Fax: 817-695-9274