Recycling Technical Assistance
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) launched its Regional Recycling Technical Assistance Project with Cooperative Teamwork and Recycling Assistance in Fall 2018. The objective of this project is to provide free technical assistance to local governments for a variety of recycling needs, such as: establishing recycling programs, improving and expanding recycling programs, identifying ways to increase recycling participation rates, provide marketing assistance and determine which commodities are most marketable in the North Central Texas region, and much more!
Cooperative Teamwork and Recycling Assistance (CTRA) is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization that was formed in November 1994, based on the concept of cooperative marketing. The mission of CTRA is to provide cooperative marketing of recyclable commodities, to promote the development of end-markets for recyclables in Texas and to promote education about recycling. To learn more about CTRA please visit their website
Some examples of services CTRA has recently provided to cities across Texas include:
- Coordinated between several cities and counties to establish a regional recycling program,
- Provided grant writing support and facilitated the purchase of recycling equipment and infrastructure to create a more efficient recycling program,
- Assisted in the expansion of a recycling program to include businesses and the local school district to help increase recycling rates,
- Identified unused recycling equipment at a city and facilitated the transfer of the equipment to a county recycling program, and
- Assisted in identifying potential vendors and markets for hard to recycle items.
For more information on this project, please contact Hannah Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (817) 695-9215.
The Cooperative Teamwork And Recycling Assistance (CTRA), in partnership with Keep Texas Beautiful (KTB) is hosting a free recycling training. This training is free for attendees from the North Central Texas region and is supported by the technical assistance contract from the NCTCOG and the TCEQ.
Who should attend?
Learn more about:
- KTB Affiliates and Affiliate Board Members
- Communites in the North Central Texas Region
- KTB and its programs and resources for communities,
- How to educate residents on recycling,
- How to handle hard-to-recycle materials, such as tires and electronics, and
- Funding for solid waste management
- Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- 10:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Medical City Lewisville Grand Theater
- 100 N Charles, Lewisville, TX 75057
For more information and to register, please click here
. Registration closes on May 14, 2019.
October 23, 2018
1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sanger Community Center
101 Freese Drive
Sanger, TX 76266
October 24, 2018
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Ellis County Courthouse - Multipurpose Room
109 South Jackson Street
Waxahachie, TX 75165