Writing Statements of Work
Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Online)
TDI Instructor Led Training - 8 hours
This workshop covers Statements of Work (SOW) for services. Developing an SOW is often more challenging than writing a specification for goods. One reason is that a “spec sheet” is generally not available for services like we are used to with goods. Participants will develop a thorough understanding of the components of creating an SOW. The workshop contains lectures and discussions, as well as small group exercises and a case study.
- Statement of Work Definition
- Where to Begin – Resources
- Critical Elements of a SOW
- Ten Steps to Writing a SOW
- Developing the Evaluation Criteria
- Creating the Evaluation Scoring Instrument
- Writing tips to ensure a SOW that is easy to understand is free from ambiguities
- SOW Case Study
- All public procurement professionals responsible for the development of SOWs.
- Program staff who develop SOWs
- Anyone interested in learning how to develop SOWs for the public sector
Contracts & Purchasing Academy