Purchasing 101 for Everyone - October 20, 2020
TDI Instructor Led Training - 8 hours Register Here
- ONLINE COURSE -
The workshop will explain and facilitate understanding of the public purchasing process. It focuses on small dollar (informal) purchase procedures, writing competitive specifications, using minority businesses and procurement card best practices. The workshop contains lecture and discussion - as well as small group exercises and case studies.
- Principles of public purchasing
- Ethical standards
- Informal purchasing processes
- Writing competitive specifications
- Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) requirements
- Procurement cards
- Understand the principles of public purchasing and the important role procurement plays in government.
- Learn the ethical standards and rules of conduct for government procurement.
- Identify the various processes involved in small dollar (informal) purchases.
- Learn how to write competitive specifications that do not unduly restrict competition.
- Review the requirements for the use of Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB).
- Discuss the use of government procurement cards and learn best practices for their use.
Purchasers or buyers that make purchases under the competitive bid limit or through the informal bid process. Anyone who wants a better understanding of the public procurement process; e.g. department managers, administrative staff, user departments, HUB coordinators and credit card users.
Contracts & Purchasing Academy
100% for withdrawal 14 days prior to session start date
50% for withdrawal 5 days prior to session start date