New & Emerging Procurement Officers Program
Friday, August 25, 2023 - Friday, March 22, 2024, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
TDI Instructor Led Training
Connect with subject matter experts and peers in interactive sessions based on "real-time" issues, walking away with answers, plans and options to handle your day-to-day operational needs. Program content contributors include Center for Procurement Excellence, DIR, NASPO, and Harvard Kennedy School Government Performance Lab.
1. Leadership Development AssessmentsProvides feedback on strengths and opportunities for improvement.
Provides valuable information about how to drive success for you and your organization.
Provides insight on how you can bridge your leadership style with the culture of your organization to improve views of management, increase collaboration, and sustain an overall positive performance.
2. RFP Process (Spec Development & Evaluation Process)
- What does it mean to take a results-centered approach when planning for and writing an RFP?
- Planning for your RFP:
- Putting together a project team
- Engaging stakeholders
- Conducting market research
- Writing your RFP:
- Background and problem statement
- Scopes of work and specifications
- Evaluation criteria
- If time permits - best techniques for evaluating proposals could be added on
3. Creating a Meaningful Vendor Performance Program
4. Procurement Laws and ProcessesThis will be high level overview - most likely on the 1st day. I am also
planning to have a finance expert give an overview of taxes, TIF's, PID's and
what funds dedicated to specific endeavors such as hotel/Motel taxes.
5. Contracting for Construction
Process, Project Management, Contracts & Forms
6. Creating a Process / Training Manual
7. Project Management - Beyond the procurement process
8. Critical Thinking
How important is It? Who needs to have it? And when?
9. DIR - Serving your Technology Procurement NeedsLearn about their full suite of procurement offerings from purchase
option to contract management
10. Process Mapping for Success
You know where you want to go - mapping out the best projects and processes to get you there!
Networking breakfast, lunch and snacks provided for each session.
- August 25, 2023
- September 22, 2023
- October 20, 2023
- November 9, 2023
- December 15, 2023
- January 19, 2024
- February 16, 2024
- March 22, 2024
- April 12, 2024 (holding for potential make up session)
All sessions held at NCTCOG offices, 616 Six Flags Drive in Arlington
Public Procurement & Contracts