Specification Writing (April 29, 2019)
TDI Instructor Led Training - 9 hours Register Here
This workshop provides "hands-on" experience in developing specifications for the procurement of goods and services. Participants will develop a thorough understanding of the specification writing process and how to incorporate skills learned into future procurements. Participants will learn by practical application in addition to classroom theory.
- Understand technical writing skills necessary for specification development.
- Recognize the different types of specifications and when to use each type.
- Understand the importance of language use in specification writing.
- Learn how to write specifications that can be easily administered and monitored.
- Write a competitive, technical specification that is clear, concise, complete and well formatted.
A Catered lunch will be provided
Classes will be held at 616 Six Flags Dr. Arlington, TX campus
New purchasers who want to understand a basic fundamental skill in government procurement - specification writing. Veteran purchasers who want to improve their technical writing skills. Non-purchasing staff who prepare and submit user requirements to purchasing departments.
Contracts & Purchasing Academy
100% for withdrawal 14 days prior to session start date
50% for withdrawal 5 days prior to session start date