ONLINE: 1-Day Procurement Management Academy - 9/14/22 (Wednesday)
TDI Instructor Led Training - 8 hours Register Here
- ONLINE COURSE -
The workshop is designed for procurement professionals who are currently in a management role or aspire to be in a management role. The workshop covers a variety of procurement management topics and other general management topics. Many of the concepts taught in this workshop follow the "Achievement of Excellence in Procurement" guidelines through the National Procurement Institute. This is a national program that benchmarks organizational excellence in procurement. The workshop contains lecture and discussion - as well as small group exercises, case studies and discussion circles.
- Organization structure
- Centralized procurement authority
- Certification/professional staff
- Procurement ethics
- Sole source and emergency procurements
- Spend management
- Procurement manuals
- Procurement performance benchmarks
- Internal customer and vendor training
- Procurement card programs
- General management topics (Time management, Communication skills, Teambuilding, Critical thinking skills, Managing and motivating employees)
- Discuss the importance of placement of the procurement function in the organizational structure.
- Review the various professional certifications and discuss the importance of having a professional and certified procurement staff.
- Review common benchmarks for measuring procurement performance.Examine the underlying issues behind sole source and emergency purchases.
- Define spend management and learn the value it adds to the procurement management function.
- Understand the important role of an up-to-date Procurement Manual.Explore the various procurement performance benchmarks and discuss their pros and cons.
- Identify ways to train user departments and the vendor community.
- Review best practices for implementing and maintaining a procurement card program.
- Understand general management functions such as time management, communications, team building, leadership, etc.
Purchasing agents, managers or directors Purchasers or buyers who aspire to be in a procurement management role Anyone who wants a better understanding of how to manage a public purchasing function
Contracts & Purchasing Academy
100% for withdrawal 14 days prior to session start date
50% for withdrawal 5 days prior to session start date