Dealing with Negativity (June 12, 2019)
TDI Instructor Led Training - 7 hours Register Here
Dealing with negativity at work can sometimes appear to be an insurmountable task. Our typical workplace has its ups and downs in terms of employee negativity. However, constant negative thinking can spread like wildfire across the normally positive workplace. It’s difficult to understand and control.
Whether it’s an employee expressing disagreement about a new policy or a group of co-workers frustrated by the latest operating system, negative attitudes can affect how people interact, and more importantly, how it will affect each person’s productivity.
One of the most difficult situations occurs when a work environment has personalities that continuously express negativity in every situation. These employees may be passive-aggressive, complainers, remain quiet and unresponsive, or are just downright negativists who say, “It won’t work,” or “It’s impossible to do a new idea.”
This training is designed to recognize these different types of negative behaviors and give co-workers, supervisors, subordinates and leaders the tools to address each situation.
- Raise awareness about negative behavior in the workplace and recognize the difference between a “bad day” and a consistent negative attitude. The ability to handle your own reactions whether witnessing or being the target of a person’s negative attitude.
- The ability to handle your own reactions whether witnessing or being the target of a person’s negative attitude.
- Learn methods on how to directly address negative behavior and seek solutions when negativity surfaces before it can spread throughout the department or company.
- Offer official processes to use if a person refuses to recognize and work to change their own negative behavior. Yes, you can discipline for negative attitudes.
- Discover practical solutions and proactive actions to “nip negativity and negative employees’ behaviors in the bud.”
Catered lunch provided. Course will be held at 616 Six Flags Drive Arlington, TX 76011
All levels of personnel in any workplace environment.
Management & Leadership
100% for withdrawal 14 days prior to session start date
50% for withdrawal 5 days prior to session start date