The New and Emerging Finance Director Roundtable program is a 8 month program, with a monthly face-to-face day-long session. Hosted by NCTCOG-TDI and in collaboration with Becky Brooks, President/CEO of Government Resources Associates. In these roundtable sessions you'll connect with subject matter experts and peers in an intimate atmosphere, gaining exposure to insights, trends, technology, and fresh internal and external perspectives of the public finance sector through candid dialogue and interactions.
**We are registered as a sponsor for the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy for continuing education and that we expect 5–6 hours of CPE per monthly session.**
This NEFD Roundtable group will be meeting at our NCTCOG Arlington Campus on the following dates:
(9/6/18, 10/4/18, 11/8/18, 12/6/18, 1/10/19, 2/7/19, 3/7/19 & 4/4/19)
- Introductory Session: Introduction of program, meeting others, benchmarking framework, policy framework
- Financial Reporting/Audit: Understanding the audit; developing an audit work plan; reporting issues.
- Internal Controls: Learning fundamentals of fraud and internal auditing programs.
- Long Range Financial Planning: Techniques for long range planning; time range considerations;optimizing internal resources in developing a financial plan.
- Debt Management: Determining capacity for debt; understanding the players continuing disclosures; rating process.
- Budgeting for Municipalities: Developing budget preparation tools, learning various techniques and processes.
- Utility Rate Management: Determining the revenue requirements of utility/enterprise funds; key drivers of a rate increase; how to structure rates among classes of users.
- Treasury Management Understanding cash management, cash collection, and cash flow management.
- Wrap Up Event: Updating and revising Fiscal Policies
This program is $1700 with additional options to delay payment or a portion of payment with 3 payment options:
- Pay in Full $1700: Pay by credit card or invoice by the end of FY18
Pay Halves $1800: Pay half ($900) by end of FY18, remaining half ($900) due in FY19
Deferred Payment $1900: Full $1900 deferred payment due in FY19
Please complete the prerequisite request form. You will also need to send a copy of your professional resume and a letter of recommendation to NorthTexasTDI@nctcog.org with the subject line 'NEFD Application Attachments' for your application to be processed. Please wait 5-7 business days for your acceptance and invoice to be mailed to you.
Class Daily Schedule
8:30 - 9:00 Coffee & Networking
9:00 - 4:00 Instructional Session, Lunch & Round-table Session
Qualifies for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Credit (5-7 hours per session)
Throughout this program you will cover the following topics:
Long Range Financial Planning
Utility Rate Management
Budgeting for Municipalities
- Fiscal Policies