2020 Census Participant Statistical Areas Program (PSAP)
The 2020 Census Participant Statistical Areas Program(PSAP) allows local governments, following Census Bureau guidelines, to review and update the boundaries for Census tracts, Census block groups, Census Designated Places (CDPs), and, where applicable, Census County Divisions (CCDs) for 2020 Census. The updated statistical areas will be used by the Census Bureau to report data from the 2020 Decennial Census, American Community Survey (ACS), and, as appropriate, other censuses and surveys.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is serving as the 2020 Census PSAP primary participant (PPO) for all the counties in NCTCOG's 16-county region. NCTCOG's Transportation Department will coordinate the edits to Census geography boundaries with input from local governments and entities and submit final boundary plans for each county to the Census Bureau in spring 2019. The Census Bureau will review the edits and determine the final delineations to be validated in 2020.
To stay informed or ask questions about the 2020 Census PSAP process in the NCTCOG region, please complete the Contact Us form below.
NCTCOG PSAP Timeline:
- Early February 2019 -
- NCTCOG will hold an informational session for all entities in the region about 2020 Census PSAP and how it will be organized in the NCTCOG Region.
- Boundary delineation begins.
- Late April 2019 - Deadline for entities to submit their recommendations for boundary delineations to NCTCOG.
- June - December 2019 - Census Bureau will review the submitted boundary delineations and determine final delineations.
- January - March 2020 - NCTCOG and entities will validate final delineations.
- Census Bureau’s Participant Statistical Areas Program Website:
- Final Guidelines for PSAP Definition (Effective December 13, 2018):
- Census Transportation Planning Products Webinar on PSAP 2020: