Clean Fleets North Texas 2019
NOTE: THIS CALL FOR PROJECTS IS NOW CLOSED. However, NCTCOG is expecting to reopen the call for projects soon. Documents are made available below to assist potential applicants. For any questions regarding this page, please contact AQgrants@nctcog.org.
NCTCOG is offering approximately $2 million in grant funding for the replacement of heavy-duty diesel vehicles or equipment.
- Local governments or private companies that contract with local governments (ex: Private waste hauler contracted to a city for trash or recycling collection)
- Applicants MUST adopt a Clean Fleet Policy or similar prior to receiving the grant award
Eligible Activities & Funding Levels
|Replace On-Road Diesel Trucks
16,000 GVWR and Up;
Engine Model Year 1996 - 2006;
Engine Model Year 1996 - 2009; If Replacing with Electric
|45% Cost if New is Electric
35% Cost if New is Powered by Engine Certified to CARB Optional Low-NOx Standards
(Both Natural Gas and Propane Engines Currently Available)
25% Cost for All Others
|Replace Non-Road Diesel Equipment
Must Operate ≥ 500 Hours/Year;
See Guidelines for Eligible Engine Model Years [PDF]
*All old vehicles/equipment that are replaced must operate in the nonattainment area and be scrapped. Other engine model years eligible on case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
Steps to Apply:
- Fill out the Intent to Submit Form (optional)
- Review Key Documents: Guidelines [PDF] and Frequently Asked Questions
- Submit an Online Risk Assessment (Note: You cannot start and stop this survey; once started, the entire survey must be completed in one sitting. Staff recommends using this copy of the survey [PDF] to gather all necessary information prior to starting online entry via the live survey.)
- Submit an Application by Mail or In Person [XLS] by 5 p.m. on Friday, September 6, 2019
- Review an Example Agreement [PDF]
- CARB Low-NOx and Electric Vehicles
- Vehicle and Equipment Dismantlers [PDF]
Applications will be accepted on a competitive basis. NCTCOG must have the submitted applications “in hand” at 5 p.m. on Friday, September 6, 2019.
For more information, contact Nancy Luong or AQGrants@nctcog.org.