Clean Fleets North Texas 2019
NCTCOG is offering approximately $2 million in grant funding for the replacement of heavy-duty diesel vehicles or equipment.
- Local governments or private companies that contract with local governments (ex: Private waste hauler contracted to a city for trash or recycling collection)
- Applicants MUST adopt a Clean Fleet Policy or similar prior to receiving the grant award
Eligible Activities & Funding Levels
|Replace On-Road Diesel Trucks
16,000 GVWR and Up;
Engine Model Year 1996 - 2006;
Engine Model Year 1996 - 2009; If Replacing with Electric
|45% Cost if New is Electric
35% Cost if New is Powered by Engine Certified to CARB Optional Low-NOx Standards
(Both Natural Gas and Propane Engines Currently Available)
25% Cost for All Others
|Replace Non-Road Diesel Equipment
Must Operate ≥ 500 Hours/Year;
See Guidelines for Eligible Engine Model Years [PDF]
*All old vehicles/equipment that are replaced must operate in the nonattainment area and be scrapped. Other engine model years eligible on case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
Steps to Apply:
- Fill out the Intent to Submit Form (optional)
- Review Key Documents: Guidelines [PDF] and Frequently Asked Questions [coming soon]
- Submit an Online Risk Assessment (Note: You cannot start and stop this survey; once started, the entire survey must be completed in one sitting. Staff recommends using this copy of the survey [PDF] to gather all necessary information prior to starting online entry via the live survey.)
- Submit an Application by Mail or In Person [XLS] by 5 p.m. on Friday, September 6, 2019
- Review an Example Agreement [PDF]
- CARB Low-NOx and Electric Vehicles [coming soon]
- Vehicle and Equipment Dismantlers [PDF]
Applications will be accepted on a competitive basis. NCTCOG must have the submitted applications “in hand” at 5 p.m. on Friday, September 6, 2019.
For more information, contact Nancy Luong or AQGrants@nctcog.org.