Clean Fleets North Texas 2020
NCTCOG is offering grant funding for the replacement of heavy-duty diesel vehicles or equipment.
October 22, 2020; 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Local governments or private companies that contract with local governments (ex: Private waste hauler contracted to a city for trash or recycling collection)
- Applicants MUST adopt a Clean Fleet Policy or similar prior to receiving the grant award
Eligible Activities & Funding Levels
All old vehicles/equipment must be diesel. The new replacement may be diesel or alternative fuels, covered at the following funding levels:
|Replace On-Road Diesel Trucks
16,000 GVWR and Up;
Engine Model Year 1996 - 2006;
Engine Model Year 1996 - 2009; If Replacing with Electric
|45% Cost if New is Electric
35% Cost if New is Powered by Engine Certified to CARB Optional Low-NOx Standards
(Both Natural Gas and Propane Engines Currently Available)
25% Cost for All Others, Including New Diesel
|Replace Non-Road Diesel Equipment
Must Operate ≥ 500 Hours/Year;
See Guidelines for Eligible Engine Model Years
*All old vehicles/equipment that are replaced must operate in the nonattainment area and be scrapped. Other engine model years eligible on case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
Steps to Apply:
- Fill out the Intent to Submit Form (optional)
- Review the Guidelines [PDF] (Updated)
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions [PDF] (Updated)
- Submit an Online Risk Assessment (Note: You cannot start and stop this survey; once started, the entire survey must be completed in one sitting. Staff recommends using this copy of the survey [PDF] to gather all necessary information prior to starting online entry via the live survey.)
- Download and complete the Application [XLS] (Updated). See Guidelines pg. 8 for required attachments and instructions for submission.
- Review an Example Agreement [PDF]
- CARB Low-NOx and Electric Vehicles [PDF]
- CARB Low-NOx Engines[PDF]
- Vehicle and Equipment Dismantlers [PDF]
Applications will be reviewed and evaluated on a competitive first-come, first-served basis every three months. The next application deadline is 5:00 p.m., Friday July 9, 2021 with application deadlines continuing every three months until all funds are awarded or until the final application deadline is reached. Final deadline for NCTCOG to have submitted applications "in hand" is 5:00 p.m. Friday, October 8, 2021.
For more information, contact AQGrants@nctcog.org.