- Students attending the North Central Texas Council of Governments Regional Police Academy (NCTCOG RPA) must apply their learning abilities in and out of the classroom. A significant amount of outside study is required for successful completion of the program. Students must be able to read and comprehend at high levels of difficulty. Regular attendance is required.
- On the initial day of class, students are provided a criminal law book, a copy of the Academy rules, a copy of TCOLE Rules, a copy of the occupation codes, and course learning objectives. Students will receive handout materials on a variety of topics throughout the course.
- The student is responsible for taking notes and organizing the student notebook. Proper organization of the notebook facilitates the learning process.
- Changes in the class schedule occur from time-to-time due to availability of instructors.
- Attendance at all training sessions is a requirement for successful completion of the program.
- Written major examinations will be administered periodically covering classroom material presented during the previous week. In addition to the written examinations, a practical examination will be conducted near the end of the Academy. Skills testing in firearms, driving, and arrest and control will be conducted throughout the Academy. Examination score of less than 75% is considered a failure.
- There will be unannounced quizzes administered periodically throughout the Academy.
624 Six Flags Drive, Suite 125, Arlington, Texas 76011
(817) 704-5649 | (817) 640-9089 fax