Plans, Studies, Reports
NCTCOG's Transportation Department produces a variety of plans, studies, and reports aimed at improving the regional transportation system. These include our major products, required by the US Department of Transportation to guide the work of the MPO. Other documents that highlight more targeted efforts are currently being developed or have been previously completed.
Additional documents produced by the department can be found under Publications.
- Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP) - Mobility 2045 Update: Looking to the future – The Long-Range Transportation Plan looks out 20+ years and identifies transportation projects that will be needed to support future population and employment growth in the 12-county metropolitan area.
- Unified Planning Work Program: Managing the work – The UPWP summarizes the transportation planning activities of the MPO.
- Transportation Improvement Program: Turning ideas into reality – The TIP is the listing of transportation projects approved for funding with federal, state, and local sources over the next four years.
- 10-Year Plan: Identifying infrastructure improvements – The 10-Year Plan of Projects is a listing of transportation projects that will be funded with certain types of funding from the Texas Transportation Commission over the next 10 years.
- Public Participation Plan: Engaging diverse audiences – The Public Participation Plan outlines the goals and strategies the Transportation Department will use to engage the broadest and most diverse audiences possible in the transportation planning process.
- Transportation Conformity: Working towards air quality compliance – The Transportation Conformity report documents how the Long-Range Transportation Plan (Mobility 2045) and the TIP meet the conformity-related requirements of the Clean Air Act.
- Congestion Management Process: Identifying congestion management strategies - the CMP focuses on identifying a range of short and medium-term strategies for addressing congestion on a system-wide or corridor-level basis.
Current Plans, Studies, and Reports Underway
- Access North Texas (2022)
- Balch Springs Hickory Tree Road Project
- Collin County Strategic Roadway Plan
- Dallas CBD-Fair Park Links Study
- Dallas-Fort Worth High-Speed Transportation Connections Study
- Denton County Transit Study
- East Dallas, Kaufman, and Rockwall Counties Regional Transit Study
- Forest Hill Drive Study
- Grand Avenue (Dallas) Study
- Highway Corridor Studies
- Intermodal Transportation Hubs for Colleges and Universities Study
Completed Plans, Studies, and Reports
- AV2/1 Final Report: Conduct a Planning Process to Help the North Texas Region Prepare for Automated Vehicles and Related Technologies
- Dallas Intermodal Transportation Facility Fatal Flaw Analysis - Final Report (October 2019) Attachments
- Dallas- Fort Worth On-Road Mobile 2014 Air Emissions Reporting Requirements and Hazardous Air Pollutants Inventory
- Dallas- Fort Worth Motor Vehicle Emissions Simulator 2014a (MOVES2014a)- Based Reasonable Further Progress On-Road Inventories and Control Strategy Reductions for 2011, 2017, 2018, 2020, and 2021
- On- Road Mobile Source Redesignation and Maintenance Emissions Inventories for the Dallas-Fort Worth Counties
- Development of Oil and Gas Mobile Source Inventory in the Barnett Shale in the 10-County Dallas-Fort Worth Area (2012)
- Inventories and Control Strategy Reductions for 2011, 2017. 2018, 2020, and 2021 (2018)
- North Central Texas General Aviation and Heliport System Plan (2012)
- Ellis County Sustainable Subdivision Regulations
- Collin County Transit Needs Assessment and Planning Study (2013)
- Tarrant County Transportation Needs Assessment (2014)
- Wise County Transportation Plan (2018)
- Collin County Transit Study (2021)
- Southern Dallas County Transit Planning Study and Appendices (2021)
- Tarrant County Transit Study and Appendices (2021)
- Thoroughfare Assessment Program Phase 3.2 Executive Summary (2010)
- Dallas Bishop Arts District - Retrofitting Neighborhood Commercial with Green Bicycle Parking Pilot Project
- Dallas Midtown Automated Transportation System: Conceptual Engineering Study
- Safe Routes to School Plan for Arturo Salazar Elementary, Leila P. Cowart Elementary, L.V. Stockard Middle School n Dallas, TX (2019)
- Safe Routes to School Plan for Delaney Elementary and Arthur Intermediate School in Kennedale, TX (2018)