Vanpool Managed Lane Discount
As part of the Regional Transportation Council’s (RTC) policy on Managed Toll Lanes, vanpools operated by Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA), and Trinity Metro (formerly known as The T) are eligible to receive a 50 percent reimbursement on toll charges when the vanpools utilize Managed Toll Lanes during the peak traffic periods Monday through Friday, 6:30 AM – 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM – 6:30 PM. The following actions are required to request and receive NCTCOG reimbursement of the vanpool toll discount:
- Vanpool must be an RTC-subsidized public vanpool. Requestor is required to specify the transit agency that operates the vanpool (DCTA, Trinity Metro).
- Vanpool requestor is required to use the GoCarma app to receive the 50 percent HOV discount. If the vanpool requestor does not utilize GoCarma, then the requestor is not eligible to receive the vanpool discount reimbursement.
- Requestor is required to obtain and mount a valid TollTag, TxTag, or EZ Tag on the vehicle windshield.
If you believe you are eligible for reimbursement, please review the requirement checklist in the following section. When eligibility is established, please complete and submit the required documents. Example documents are also provided below for reference:
Reimbursement Request Documents
- Requirements for Vanpool Discount on Managed Lane Facilities
- Reimbursement Request Form
- Authorization for Direct Deposit (ACH) (Fill out the ACH once with your first submittal only)
- Request for Taxpayer ID Number and Certification (W9) (Fill out the W9 once with your first submittal only)
Example Reimbursement Request Documents
- How to Create a TEXpress Account
- Complete Reimbursement Packet - Example
- Reimbursement Request Form - Example
- Authorization for Direct Deposit (ACH) - Example
- Request for Taxpayer ID Number and Certification (W9) - Example
- Toll Account Transaction History - Example