Access North Texas Johnson County
The purpose of Access North Texas is to improve public transportation for older adults, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with lower incomes. These populations can have difficulty finding public transportation options that connect them to doctor’s appointments, work opportunities and education or job training. This plan identifies where these transportation connections do not exist or could be improved within Johnson County.
In 2018 we learned the key strategies in Johnson County include:
- Expand hours of operation in the evenings to accommodate alternative or third shifts, including coordination with employers,
- Explore partnerships with local employers, medical centers, cities, and other agencies to fund additional transit services,
- Develop additional action plans to increase transit services as well as review governance of City/County Transportation,
- Create and maintain a coordinating committee to discuss ongoing transportation needs,
- Identify a point-person to develop relationships with local agencies to improve coordination and access to services, jobs and education within Johnson County, as well as regional connections,
- Work with existing transit providers to improve the regional connections to Fort Worth and the airport,
- Develop partnerships with non-profits, employers, and other partners to make fares more affordable for very low-income individuals,
- Educate local officials on available transit services, local demand, opportunities to leverage funding, and opportunities for economic development with transit, and
- Increase public awareness of available transportation services.
Review the Johnson County portion of the plan here:
Johnson County Chapter
Appendix C - County by County Supplemental Information
Please contact Kelli Gregory at (817) 695-9287 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.