Adoption of a Vehicle Idling Restriction Ordinance Through Signing an MOA
- Adopt the TCEQ Idling Limitation rule by Reference
- Sign the North Texas MOA, which enables the transfer of enforcement authority from the TCEQ to the local jurisdiction
- Submit Original agreement with required documentation to TCEQ and NCTCOG.
- Submit the following items to the TCEQ within 45 days of the effective date of the agreement:
- Detailed description of the plan for implementation of these rules;
- Copies of local ordinances or resolutions adopted to implement these rules; and
- Copies of agreements entered between Performing Parties and other units of Local Government for the implementation of these rules (see Appendix 4).
Please submit documentation to:
P.O. Box 13087
Austin, TX 78711-3087
Attn: Engine Off North Texas
P.O. Box 5888
Arlington, TX 76005-588
NCTCOG suggests that if TCEQ Idling Restrictions are to be adopted, to do so by reference to ensure continued compliance with the rule in the event it is modified later by the Texas Legislature. Provide copies of submitted documentation to NCTCOG to track regional participation and enforcement efforts.
Adoption of a Vehicle Idling Restriction Ordinance Without Signing an MOA
Home ruled cities or counties that decide to develop their own vehicle idling ordinances can reference the TCEQ Idling Limitation rule or create their own ordinance. NCTCOG has developed sample ordinance language cities may find helpful and easier to implement. See sample ordinance