2018 HSIP Approved Projects
TxDOT Dallas received approval on 46 projects for a total of $16,536,377.
TxDOT Fort Worth received approval on 21 projects for a total of $15,656,856.
Eligible categories for 2018 HSIP Call for Projects:
- Barriers and Safety Treat Fixed Object - Add or upgrade barrier or metal beam guard fence to safety treat a fixed object or drainage structures.
- Curves – Construct improvements on horizontal curves to prevent run-off the road and head-on crashes.
- Grade Separation – Construct a vertical separation of a highway intersection (conventional diamond interchange).
- HSIP (Misc. Safety) – Any safety improvement that addresses an emphasis area in the SHSP but is not categorized in one of the other seven categories.
- Intersection – Improvements to an intersection, such as signals, signage, lighting, and pedestrian improvements, other than a grade separation.
- Off-System – Any safety improvement to a road off the State highway system, which addresses an emphasis area in the SHSP. Intersections of off-system roads with on-system highways are not considered off-system projects. The local government is responsible for 10 percent of the funding.
- Rumble Strips - Add edgeline or centerline rumble strips to a highway to prevent run-off the road and head-on crashes.
- Widen – Increase paved surface width of rural highways with current pavement width less than 24 feet and ADT greater than or equal to 400 vehicles per day to provide from 26 feet to 28 feet of paved surface width.
Please see the following documents related to the 2018 HSIP Call for Projects:
2018 HSIP Call Overview - Available upon request
2018 HSIP Submission Form
2018 Instructions for Submission Form
2018 Instructions for Off-System Project Submission
2018 Instructions for On-System Project Submission
2018 Work Code Combinations in Microstrategy
Average Bid Prices as of 4/20/18
TxDOT HSIP information can be accessed on the Highway Safety Engineering Forms and Publications web page.