Make Better Cost Saving and Emission Reducing Decisions
Information and technology are always changing. It can make it difficult to know where to start when it comes to creating a more sustainable and fuel efficient fleet. Start with SMARTE to learn about different strategies, get in contact with industry experts, and find resources and tools that can help reach your fleet goals.
Get started on your journey to build a more sustainable and fuel efficient fleet by browsing through articles and links collected by SMARTE.
2. NCTCOG Reports and Studies
The North Central Texas Council of Governments have conducts studies and developed reports that can provide insight into diesel emissions and emission control strategies.
- Heavy-Duty Diesel I/M Pilot--Phase 1 Final Report [PDF]
- Heavy-Duty Diesel I/M Pilot--Phase 2 Final Report [PDF]
- Oversized/ Overweight Heavy- Duty Vehicle Emissions Impact Study
- Truck Stop Electrification Study [PDF]
There's lot of information out there, SMARTE is just the start. These resources can help you narrow down the best strategy for your fleet and get you in contact with industry experts.
- U.S. Department of Energy
- The U.S. Department of Energy provides vehicle fleet mangers, drivers, corporate decision makers, sustainability managers, and public transportation planners multiple strategies to conserve fuel and improve their bottom line.
The Regional Freight Advisory Committee serves to maximize the Dallas-Fort Worth region’s freight capabilities through information, knowledge, and technology sharing between public and private freight interests; promoting the region’s intermodal capabilities and capacity; and supporting and improving the regional freight system.