Access North Texas Ellis County
The purpose of Access North Texas is to improve public transportation for older adults, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with lower incomes. These populations can have difficulty finding public transportation options that connect them to doctor’s appointments, work opportunities and education or job training. This plan identifies where these transportation connections do not exist or could be improved within Ellis County.
In 2018 we learned the key strategies in Ellis County include:
- Improve local and regional access to medical appointments in Dallas County,
- Improve transportation options for local access to job and education opportunities,
- Explore partnerships to increase the affordability of fares for those most in need,
- Expand transportation services to provide service for late-shift workers,
- Explore partnerships with local employers, medical centers, cities, and other agencies to fund additional transit services,
- Increase public awareness of available transportation services,
- Create and maintain a coordinating committee to discuss ongoing transportation needs,
- Explore partnerships with existing transportation providers to reduce the number of transfers for regional trips, and
- Establish consistent and effective driver recruitment and retention program.
Review the Ellis County portion of the plan here:
Ellis County Chapter
Appendix C - County by County Supplemental Information
Please contact Kelli Schlicher at (817) 695-9287 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.