Access North Texas Hunt County
The purpose of Access North Texas is to improve public transportation for older adults, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with lower incomes. These populations can have difficulty finding public transportation options that connect them to doctor’s appointments, work opportunities and education or job training. This plan identifies where these transportation connections do not exist or could be improved within Hunt County.
In 2018 we learned that in Hunt County key strategies include:
- Improve awareness of available public transportation services,
- Create and maintain a county coordinating committee to focus on ongoing transportation needs,
- Improve regional connections to Dallas County and Collin County for medical appointments and job opportunities,
- Continue to explore partnerships with nonprofits, private companies, and other to increase service within the county, and
- Reduce scheduling pick-up windows.
Review the Hunt County portion of the plan here:
Hunt County Chapter
Appendix C - County by County Supplemental Information
Please contact Kelli Schlicher at (817) 695-9287 or email@example.com for more information.