Access North Texas Wise County
The purpose of Access North Texas is to improve public transportation for older adults, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with lower incomes. These populations can have difficulty finding public transportation options that connect them to doctor’s appointments, work opportunities and education or job training. This plan identifies where these transportation connections do not exist or could be improved within Wise County.
In 2018 we learned the key strategies in Wise County include:
- Improve access to medical care, employment, educational facilities, and social activities,
- Establish connections to regional destinations in Denton County and Tarrant County,
- Develop partnerships with non-profits, employers, medical facilities, and other partners to improve access to local and regional destinations,
- Advocate for transit agencies to integrate funding sources to maximize efficiency and increase the availability of affordable public transportation,
- Establish consistent and effective driver recruitment and retention program, and
- Improve public awareness of available transit services.
Review the Wise County portion of the plan here:
Wise County Chapter
Appendix C - County by County Supplemental Information
Please contact Gypsy Gavia at (817) 695-9134 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.