Access North Texas Dallas County
The purpose of Access North Texas is to improve public transportation for older adults, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with lower incomes. These populations can have difficulty finding public transportation options that connect them to doctor’s appointments, work opportunities and education or job training. This plan identifies where these transportation connections do not exist or could be improved within Dallas County.
In 2018 we learned the key strategies in Dallas County include:
- Obtain service for underserved areas,
- Improve partnerships and coordination between existing transit providers to simplify regional trips,
- Complete and expand projects that have a no wrong door approach to accessing transit,
- Maintain a county coordinating committee,
- Advocate for agencies to integrate funding sources to maximize efficiency and increase available affordable public transportation,
- Provide information about transportation providers and resources in multiple languages,
- Identify, recruit, educate and support influential champions for public transportation, and
- Create partnerships between transit agencies, municipalities and community organizations.
Review the Dallas County portion of the plan here:
Dallas County Chapter
Appendix C - County by County Supplemental Information
Please contact Kelli Schlicher at (817) 695-9287 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.