Access North Texas Kaufman County
The purpose of Access North Texas is to improve public transportation for older adults, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with lower incomes. These populations can have difficulty finding public transportation options that connect them to doctor’s appointments, work opportunities and education or job training. This plan identifies where these transportation connections do not exist or could be improved within Kaufman County.
In 2018 we learned the key strategies in Kaufman County include:
- Increase access to job training and job opportunities,
- Add capacity to the existing transit system,
- Increase public awareness of available transportation services by conducting targeted marketing and travel training,
- Advocate for agencies to integrate funding sources to maximize efficiency and increase available affordable public transportation, and
- Continue to conduct driver safety and sensitivity training to improve the rider’s experience.
Review the Kaufman County portion of the plan here:
Kaufman County Chapter
Appendix C - County by County Supplemental Information
Please contact Gypsy Gavia at (817) 695-9134 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.