Access North Texas Parker County and Palo Pinto County
The purpose of Access North Texas is to improve public transportation for older adults, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with lower incomes. These populations can have difficulty finding public transportation options that connect them to doctor’s appointments, work opportunities and education or job training. This plan identifies where these transportation connections do not exist or could be improved within Parker County and Palo Pinto County.
In 2018 we learned that in Parker County and Palo Pinto County key strategies include:
- Improve access to mental health appointments, social service appointments, medical appointments, and job opportunities,
- Explore partnerships with local employers, medical centers, cities, and other agencies to fund additional transit services,
- Create and maintain a county coordinating committee to focus on ongoing transportation needs,
- Explore partnerships to increase the affordability of fares for those most in need, and
- Improve awareness of available public transportation services.
Review the Parker County and Palo Pinto County portion of the plan here:
Palo Pinto County and Parker County Chapter
Appendix C - County by County Supplemental Information
Please contact Kelli Gregory at (817) 695-9287 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.