Access North Texas Rockwall County
The purpose of Access North Texas is to improve public transportation for older adults, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with lower incomes. These populations can have difficulty finding public transportation options that connect them to doctor’s appointments, work opportunities and education or job training. This plan identifies where these transportation connections do not exist or could be improved within Rockwall County.
In 2018 we learned the key strategies in Rockwall County include:
- Improve access to local and regional destinations,
- Coordinate and plan for seamless regional connectivity between service providers,
- Explore partnerships to increase the affordability of fares for those most in need,
- Coordinate with local residences, businesses, medical centers, and other organizations to group trips to improve efficiency and the rider’s experience, and
- Create and maintain a coordinating committee to discuss ongoing transportation needs.
Review the Rockwall County portion of the plan here:
Rockwall County Chapter
Appendix C - County by County Supplemental Information
Please contact Kelli Schlicher at (817) 695-9287 or email@example.com for more information.