FY22 Grant Application Information
THE FY22 GRANT APPLICATION SUBMISSION CYCLE HAS CONCLUDED.
PLEASE CHECK BACK LATE 2021 FOR FY23 GRANT CYCLE INFORMATION.
NCTCOG will conduct free mandatory grant application workshops for agencies applying in the Office of the Governor (OOG) grant categories listed below.
Please read each category's Funding Announcement to determine if your agency is eligible to apply and that your proposed project fits within the criteria:
- General Victim Assistance Direct Services Program: This funding provides services and assistance directly to victims of crime to speed their recovery and aid them through the criminal justice process. New for FY22: Transitional Housing projects and Campus-Based Victim Assistance projects will apply in this category and go through the NCTCOG process. FY22 General Victim Assistance Funding Announcement (PDF)
- Juvenile Justice and Truancy Prevention Grant Program: This funding supports projects that prevent violence in and around schools and improve the juvenile justice system by providing mental health services, truancy prevention and intervention through community-based and school programs. FY22 Juvenile Justice and Truancy Prevention Funding Announcement (PDF)
- Criminal Justice Program (formerly known as Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Program): This funding supports projects that promote public safety, reduce crime, and improve the criminal justice system. FY22 Criminal Justice Funding Announcement (PDF)
IMPORTANT WORKSHOP INFORMATION
FY22 GRANT WORKSHOP SESSIONS HAVE CONCLUDED.
Per NCTCOG policies, grant application workshop attendance is mandatory for all FY22 applicants wishing to submit a new application, renewal application, and/or a non-competing continuation application in any funding category listed above.
Workshop topics include OOG application submission instructions and OOG requirements. NCTCOG local priorities, NCTCOG funding parameters, NCTCOG document submission requirements, and NCTCOG scoring/review process will also be discussed.
CHANGES FROM PRIOR CYCLES:
- Due to COVID-19 challenges, NCTCOG offices are closed to the public. Therefore, FY22 Criminal Justice Grant Application Workshops will be held virtually via Zoom.
- Each FY22 workshop session will cover ALL funding categories listed above; there will be NOT be specific sessions for each funding category. All sessions are the same - you may register for whichever session works best for you.
- Applicant agencies need only attend one session to be eligible to apply.
- There is no limit on # of attendees per agency.
(workshop materials are located below registration info)
ATTENDEES MUST PRE-REGISTER! Once registered you'll receive a confirmation email with details on how to join the session. NOTE - Your registration confirmation email will come from NCTCOG's Zoom technical administrator. Please do not contact him with grant questions - contact NCTCOG's Criminal Justice staff listed at the bottom of this page.
See table below for schedule and registration links.
Applicants must access the eGrants grant management website at https://egrants.gov.texas.gov to apply for funding.
The Office of the Governor Public Safety Office has provided eGrants instructional guides listed above. These guides are also located on the eGrants website under the "Forms and Guides" section: https://egrants.gov.texas.gov/updates.aspx
FY22 Criminal Justice Workshop Session materials:
Kelly Schmidt, Criminal Justice Program Administrator
eGrants HelpDesk contact information: email@example.com or 512-463-1919