FY23 Grant Application Information
ALL FY23 WORKSHOPS ARE VIRTUAL
NCTCOG will conduct free mandatory grant application workshops for agencies applying in the Office of the Governor's (OOG) Public Safety Office (PSO) grant categories listed below.
IMPORTANT: Please read each category's Funding Announcement to determine if your agency is eligible to apply and that your proposed project fits within the criteria.
- Criminal Justice Program - Justice Assistance Grant Program: This funding supports projects that promote public safety, reduce crime, and improve the criminal justice system. FY23 Criminal Justice Funding Announcement (PDF)
- General Victim Assistance Direct Services Program: This funding provides services and assistance directly to victims of crime to speed their recovery and aid them through the criminal justice process. FY23 General Victim Assistance Funding Announcement (PDF)
- Juvenile Justice and Truancy Prevention Grant Program: This funding supports projects that prevent violence in and around schools and improve the juvenile justice system by providing mental health services, truancy prevention and intervention through community-based and school programs. FY23 Juvenile Justice and Truancy Prevention Funding Announcement (PDF)
IMPORTANT WORKSHOP INFORMATION and REGISTRATION
Per NCTCOG policies, grant application workshop attendance is mandatory for all FY23 applicants wishing to submit a new application, renewal application, and/or a non-competing continuation application in any funding category listed above.
Workshop topics include PSO application submission instructions and PSO requirements. NCTCOG local priorities, NCTCOG funding parameters, NCTCOG document submission requirements, and NCTCOG scoring/review process will also be discussed.
- Due to COVID-19 challenges, FY23 Criminal Justice Grant Application Workshops will be held virtually via Zoom.
- Each FY23 workshop session will cover ALL funding categories listed above; there will be NOT be specific sessions for each funding category. All sessions are the same - you may register for whichever session works best for you.
- Applicant agencies need only attend one session to be eligible to apply.
- There is no limit on # of attendees per agency.
WORKSHOP REGISTRATION BELOW
(workshop materials are located below registration info)
ATTENDEES MUST PRE-REGISTER! Once registered you'll receive a confirmation email with details on how to join the session.
NOTE - Direct all workshop questions to NCTCOG's Criminal Justice staff listed at the bottom of this page.
See table below for schedule and registration links.
All sessions are virtual; no in-person sessions will be held.
FY23 Criminal Justice Workshop Session Materials
FY23 NCTCOG Criminal Justice Grant Application Workshop PowerPoint
FY23 NCTCOG Scoring Criteria
FY23 NCTCOG Local Priorities
FY23 Eligible Activities
FY23 Eligible Amounts for Non-Competing Continuation Projects
CEO/Law Enforcement Certifications and Assurances Form
CJ-JAG Prohibited and Controlled Expenditures
CJ-JAG Body Worn Camera Policy Certification
CJ-JAG License Plate Reader User Agreement
CJ-JAG SWIC Interoperable Communications for Law Enforcement Procedures
PSO Guide to Grants - Sept 2021
PSO Standard Conditions and Responsibilities - Sept 2021
PSO General FAQs - Oct 2021
Office of the Governor Civil Rights Training
eGrants User Guide to Creating an Application - Dec 2020
eGrants Registration Guide - Nov 2020
Office of the Governor Developing a Good Project Narrative Guide
eGrants Narrative Tab Character Limits
NCTCOG Addendums - only for NEW or RENEWAL projects:
FY23 Criminal Justice Program-Justice Assistance Grant (CJ-JAG) Addendum
FY23 General Victim Assistance (GVA) Addendum
FY23 Juvenile Justice Truancy Prevention (JJ/TP) Addendum
FY23 Violence Against Women Justice & Training (VAW) Addendum
Applicants must access the eGrants grant management website at https://egrants.gov.texas.gov
to apply for funding.
PSO has provided grant resources on the eGrants website under the "Forms and Guides" section: https://egrants.gov.texas.gov/updates.aspx
Kelly Schmidt, Criminal Justice Program Administrator
eGrants HelpDesk contact information: email@example.com or 512-463-1919